Injury Management and Return to Work Policy
FLEXI STAFF PTY LTD is committed to assisting injured workers to return to work as soon as medically appropriate and will adhere to the requirements of the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 in the event of a work related injury.
This commitment is achieved through:
- Complying with legislative requirements;
- The provision of support and assistance to all employees who sustain a work related injury or illness;
- Aiding recovery, through the provision of suitable duties, whenever possible, which comply with the injured worker’s medical restrictions.
- Effective implementation of the company Injury Management Policy;
- Provision of information, instruction and training on Injury Management and Return to Work Procedures;
- Provision of guidance and assistance throughout the lifecycle of the injury;
- Possessing workers’ compensation (including common law damages) insurance cover for all employees;
- Providing the worker’s completed claim form and medical certificates to your insurer within three (3) working days;
- Providing weekly payments, if injured, as per legislative requirements; and
- Developing and implementing a return to work program if a treating medical practitioner indicates it is needed for an injured worker.
- Active participation and cooperation in the Injury Management process, including liaising with Flexi Staff and medical practitioners in the development of a return to work program.