Occupation Safety and Health Policy
FLEXISTAFF PTY LTD believes that the safety and health of its employees, contractors, clients and visitors is of primary importance in the successful conduct of its business activities. FlexiStaff recognises its legal and moral responsibility to ensure the provision of a safe working environment, safe systems of work and competent supervision for all employees and contractors. FlexiStaff is committed to conducting its operations in a manner that will not cause people to be harmed, nor place their health at risk.
This commitment is achieved through:
- Complying with legislative requirements, codes, standards and guidelines;
- Developing objectives and targets with the goal of eliminating all work related incidents, achieving a zero harm workplace; and
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities for occupational health, safety and environment.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the company’s Occupational Safety and Health Policy;
- Observe, implement and fulfil legislative responsibilities;
- Ensure adherence to the agreed procedures through regular consultation with employees and other parties;
- Provide and maintain workplaces and systems of work, so as far as practicable, that employees, contractors and visitors are not exposed to hazards;
- Ensure ongoing information, instructions and supervision for our employees;
- Conduct regular assessments of Safety and Health performance and resources in cooperation with those with designated and elected Safety and Health functions;
- Actively respond to and investigate all incidents and ensure injured employees are returned to suitable work at the earliest possible opportunity; and
- Distributing occupational health, safety and environment information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties.
- Duty to take care of their own safety and health and of others affected by their actions at work;
- Comply so far as they are reasonably able, with safety procedures , directions and legislative requirements;
- Not wilfully interfere with or misuse items or facilities provided in the interest of safety and health of company employees; and
- Report potential and actual hazards in accordance with agreed company procedures for accident and incident reporting immediately.